Thursday, March 15, 2007

Glad to be back home!


Earlier this week, I went to San Antonio for a two day work trip. I am definitely thankful to be back home. The trip was full of the unexpected...from my tv that would not stay on to my shower that came on after I flushed my toilet. I finally had to change hotel rooms after I realized that my two large windows were completely frosted over (and we are not talking about snow frost, rather we are talking about paint or some other material). As I arrived late on Monday, I really didn't notice this until after the meeting ended on Tuesday. Who sells a hotel room with frosted windows? After a long day of meetings in a wondowless room, I couldn't stand to be 'trapped' in my hotel room without knowing what was out my window. Interstingly, no one from hotel staff could explain this to me. Tripadvisor here I come...

I also had an experience using the women's bathroom at a mexican restuarant when a man (who I assume had too many margaritas) wandered in and was a bit surprised there were no urinals. It didn't stop him though--he went into the stall next to me and proceeded to do his business anyway after saying outloud "what the....?" This totally freaked me out as I thought I was the one who was in the wrong bathroom! I finished my business as fast as I could and tore out of the bathroom only to breathe a sigh of relief that I was not losing my mind and used the correct bathroom!

Although my meeting went well, I was thankful to get back home last night and to get home before Morgan went to bed (we even shared a flight with an otter, baby alligator, and snake from Sea World). The poor otter was put down below with the luggage while the alligator and snake sat in first class--definitely not fair for the rest of us, especially the otter!

The only pic I took was using my cell phone (that is why it is so small)--we took advantage of a break in the heavy rains and thunderstorms to walk the River Walk and to see the Alamo at night. It was a beautiful sight!

No comments: