Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Girl Weekend

This past weekend I was able to spend with two of my closest friends - Alicia and Kara. One lives in Wyoming and the other is moving there next week. Needless to say, we don't get to hang togther out very often! Alicia was sweet enough to fly down to Nashville to help Kara pack . When I drove up to Nashville on Friday we decided to have a girls fun weekend (no packing) - yeah! Besides seeing a bad movie and not having any sun on Saturday, the weekend was perfect.



Instead of hanging by the pool (no sun) on Saturday we decided to go shopping. It probably is a good thing that Kara and I don't shop together very often, but it is a rare occasion that I don't have a toddler with me and therefore I had lots of time at the mall in my favorite stores! Kara knows a few locations that Nicole Kidman hangs out (she has even seen 'Nicole and Keith' on a few occasions) but as they were out of town we didn't get to see them. On Saturday afternoon, we went to the Opryland Hotel. Wow - what a neat beautiful place. We also went to downtown Nashville Saturday night to see the 'Honky Tonks' (live music bars) and to go to the Wile Horse Saloon and have a line dancing lesson. I did to the touristy thing and wear a cowboy hat (I can't believe I agreed to it as I was even sober).


We wish Kara the best of luck in her decision to move to Cheyenne to be near her family. Her newphew Colin (brother Jared and his wife Sandra) should arrive any day now! She plans to live with them for a few months this summer to help them with the transition. They will be lucky to have her!

No comments: