Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year! and Bring on the Snow!

Although I haven't posted about Christmas yet, I felt I should wish everyone a Happy New Year.

The pictures below were taken the day after Christmas...yes, we HAD A WHITE CHRISTMAS! Living in the South doesn't bring this treat very often (for you trivia buffs, the last white Christmas here was in 1882!). Although it was COLD we loved having snow on Christmas. It even lasted four days before it melted - another unusual treat.

Today is Jan 9 and we are expecting several inches of more snow/sleet/ice tonight into tomorrow. We even have a winter storm warning. The funny thing about the South is that everyone runs to the grocery store to buy milk and bread. The stores were crazy yesterday but I am happy to report I have plenty of food in case we are stranded for a few days :) We just hope we don't lose power - Auburn plays in the national championship game tomorrow!


2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Your house looks so beautiful with the snow and Christmas wreaths. So with the snow today, are you all homebound?

The Lemmings' Family said...

Thanks about the house! I wished it snowed in November so I could take a Christmas Card picture!

Yes - two days of no school and I bet there will be no school tomorrow. The roads are nothing but ice. Because there are only a handful of plows - the only way the ice will be gone is when the temps get above freezing - and that will be Sat. So....I suspect we will be going stir crazy soon :) Brian and I are both telecommuting, but with two kids, that is hard. But, we are stocked up with food, and we have power, so it could be much much worse.