Thursday, August 2, 2007

The King Family

This past weekend the King Family (except Grayson) came to visit us. Peyton had a doctor appointment in Atlanta on Monday, so they stayed the entire weekend. The weekend was filled with watching movies, shopping, pedicures, and having lots of fun. Peyton smiles more than any other baby I know - she smiles all the time!


Brian, Katie, and Collin went for a run Sunday morning (Brian ran 13 miles - his marathon training is coming along great and I am so proud of him!). Morgan and I babysat Peyton while everyone was on the run (I was looking forward to taking naps with the kids!). Morgan absolutely loved having Peyton visiting. She always knew where the baby was and loved kissing the baby and pushing the baby in the swing. While we were babysitting, Morgan was very helpful in fetching diapers or blankets for me. Although I am still quite nervous about having two children (see post above!), it was a blessing for me to see how much Morgan loves being around babies. Although I am sure the novelty will wear off for her when we bring our baby home, I have hopes that she will be just as excited having a brother or sister. Morgan did spend most of her weekend getting in and out (and in and out) of the bouncy chair. Good thing we have two because when the baby comes I am sure we will have to designate one for Morgan so she doesn't get jealous.

Morgan is now able to count to ten, give or take a little help (usually numbers six and seven) from Mommy or Daddy. She loves having 'two' of things now - it is so much more fun than just having one. Also, Morgan enjoys playing with trains. We don't have one at the house yet so she uses her imagination and plays 'train' with her crayons and markers on her craft table while repeating "Chooo Chooo." Too cute!

Her new favorite 'toy' is Blues Clues Diapers. A frustrating experience when you are potty training. She discovered these diapers at her babysitter's house. When I picked Morgan up on Friday of last week her first words to me were "Mommy, Blues Clues diapers. Buy some!" I guess Brian told her we would buy her some when we dropped her off that morning and she waited all day to remind me. Anyway, she loves moving the diapers from point A to point B - especially the pink ones. I guess characters on diapers DO matter! I am trying to convince her that Blues Clues panties are much cooler than Blues Clues diapers, but so far she could care less.

No comments: