Monday, August 13, 2007

School Time!

Morgan started her new school today. She wasn't bothered a bit when Brian and I left her alone in her new classroom (she didn't know what to think when we dropped her off for orientation a few days ago). I didn't think I would feel sad when I left her, but I have to admit I did get teary eyed when I left this morning. I really like the idea that the school has observation rooms just off of the classrooms. I was able to stay this morning and watch Morgan play and eat breakfast without her even know it! I did learn that she does listen to her teachers much better than she listens to her mom and dad :)

Morgan also had her first gymnastics class on Saturday morning. Although Morgan had a great time, Brian and I were a bit disappointed. We felt like they were herding cattle. There were two large toddler classess at the same time - add in some parents and it felt like chaos! Our plan is to keep her in gymnastics as she seemed to love it (and I love that it is a mommy and me class) but to find a different class or place so it is more enjoyable for all.

After gymnastics, we headed to Auburn for the rest pf the weekend. The weather was HOT so we played in the backyard in the babypool and sprinklers - Morgan and Jackson loved it. It was a great way to beat the heat and burn some energy at the same time. Peppy bought the kids a backpack with their own sleeping bag, flashlight, and water bottle. Peppy and Kim even pitched a tent inside so the weekend was filled with lots of fun at Camp Peppy and Kim.

More pictures of Morgan's school orientation, gymnastics class, first day of school, and Campy Peppy/Kim are here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, pretty much the way it is with most kids, better behaved with someone else!