Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Cake

So...I decided to make Morgan's birthday cake this weekend. When I was '1', my mom made me my first bday cake - I wanted to do the same thing for Morgan. On her first bday - I tried, but failed with the cake so we stuck with cupcakes. One her second bday, I didn't even bother with cake and stuck with cupcakes yet again. This year, I decided to go all out. I found an inspiration cake and recipes online . I was happy with the way it turned out and plan to make more in the future. Hello Kitty is a fairly simple character by design so it ended up being a perfect choice for a cake.







3 comments:

Amy Nunnally said...

I LOVE it! I also love seeing a fellow mom in the trenches - making things wonderful for her kids. You're a great Mom, and I know she loved it!

Josh and Alyssa said...

Wow! The cake turned out great! Did you use fondant?

The Lemmings' Family said...

Yes - I used Fondant. I made that using an easy marshmallow recipe. Brian's mom made strawberry icing that we put between the layers so even if people didn't like the fondant, they had yummy strawberry icing wiht the cake.