Friday, December 19, 2008

Thanksmas

We had a great visit to Colorado last week for Thanksmas. Because it is crazy to travel during the actual week of Christmas/Thanksgiving, we started celebrating a late Thanksgiving and an early Christmas with my family.

Because the last two times I went to Colorado, I traveled for work, it really didn't feel like a vacation. However, this trip was strictly a vacation and it was a great visit with friends and family. The only hiccup was that Morgan developed a strange rash that covered her from head to toe - it didn't slow her down though. Because she usually gets an unusual illness while we are in Colorado, we almost come to expect someone getting sick while we are there!

We had a couple of 'firsts' while we were there - Morgan's first time sledding, making a snowman and snow angel, and eating 'snow ice cream' (snow ice cream really tastes like real ice cream - thanks AMY!). Morgan even went to her first movie and also went to a musical (Seussical the Musical) - although I think Matthew had more fun at the musical as he spent the time clapping and bouncing! Matthew also had a first - he finally started to crawl! (more about that later - he has picked up the skill super fast and is into everything!)

Below are random pictures from our week vacation.

Hope you all have a blessed Christmas!

Brian and the kids

Papa and Matthew

Ma-Ma (doesn't she look great in hats?!!!) and Matthew

The family (except for Mimi)
This photo with Santa was free (guess I shouldn't have paid for the ones earlier this year)

Morgan and the reindeer

The Nunnally's and the Lemmings

SNOW ice cream - fresh from the backyard!

Morgan and I sledding (using the sled my grandfather made me - it is VERY special to me and something I was excited to share with Morgan)

Snow Angels

Alicia, Jennifer and Matthew

ROCK BAND BABY - GOOOO Morgan (if you don't have this game, and are thinking about getting it - DO IT!)

Aunt Mimi, MaMa and Morgan

No comments: